Saturday, March 06, 2010

Dinosaur Train





Dinosaur Train is a great interactive site which both informative and fun. It is on PBS Kids and based on the TV show created by The Jim Henson Company. This is a great site for younger children who are interested in dinosaurs or if they are learning about them at school.

The site offers several activities such as games called Pteradon Fishing, Hungry, Hungry, Herbivore and How Big are you?


The Field Guide allows children to learn about different dinosaurs by selecting them and listening to facts about them, see their bones, see how larger they are in relation to a child and find out whether they are a herbivore, omnivore or carnivore.




There are also colour-in sheets to print out and videos to watch.


                       
This is a great way for children to learn more about dinosaurs, learn different word meanings and improve their computer skills.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My 2 year old son LOVES dinosaur train. When I saw this post, I immediately went to the computer and pulled it up for him. He was in Heaven! All three of my kids can nearly recite the dinosaur alphabet and it's so funny to hear my 2 year old say "I have a hypothesis!" Hope many teachers can find the educational value in this show and in the website.

Mrs. Tenkely said...

What a fun site for primary students! Thank you for sharing this, I hadn't come across it in my Internet searches yet. My first and second graders are going to love it. They always enjoy the dinosaur unit!

Post a Comment